Delivering The Solution
We are applying the Community-Based Open Source approach that has enabled breakthroughs in Life Sciences and Tech to tackle the data and analytics challenges required for rapidly scaling investment to achieve Paris Climate Accord goals.
OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY
- Governance, licensing, and collaboration structures enabling stakeholders to share cost, intellectual property, and effort.
- Joint projects for new data, modelling, standards, and supporting technology.
GLOBAL DATA COMMONS
- Curated library of public and private sources, for both transition and physical risk/ opportunity.
- More accurate corporate historical and forward-looking climate & ESG metrics as a public good.
- Integrate climate-related risk and opportunity into decisions by investors, financial institutions, regulators, etc.
- Top-down and bottom-up modelling.
- Scenario analysis tools.
- Alignment tools.
OS-Climate Focus Users & Use Cases in 2021
ASSET OWNERS, ASSET MANAGERS, BANKS & REGULATORS
SCENARIO ANALYSIS (RISK & OPPORTUNITY)
ALIGNMENT (PORTFOLIOS, INVESTMENTS/LOANS)
- Stress testing
- Risk management
- Asset allocation
- Portfolio construction
- Research (investment, banking, etc.)
- Manager selection
- Analysis of securities & loans
- Design and execution of benchmarks, strategies & products
- Disclosure & reporting
- Engagement with companies & financial institutions
The OS-C Platform also will help Corporates efficiently disclose climate & ESG data while building a library of trustworthy data, available to the public at no cost.